Seek out, source, and screen solar project opportunities. Work closely with the underwriting, project development, and project financing teams to acquire projects and get them built. Lead deal negotiations and execution.
We are hiring several Project Origination Managers in strategic locations throughout the United States. These positions will be home-based and require frequent local travel to visit with customers and partners, as well as periodic visits to company HQ in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Source and close solar project acquisition opportunities.
- Search for and cultivate network of project developers to originate new opportunities.
- Build network of intermediaries including electrical contractors, EPCs, consultants, etc., to refer new opportunities.
- Identify and sell to clusters of commercial clients, e.g. real estate management companies, large corporate holdings, hospital chains, school districts, municipalities, etc.
- Attend industry and regulatory conferences to network and seek out project opportunities.
- Qualify and respond to RFP solicitations.
- Conduct compelling sales presentations to both channel partners and end users.
- Screen opportunities for financial and development viability.
- Negotiate project acquisition and development services agreements.
- Coordinate between development partners and broader organization to secure power sales contracts (PPAs and leases), site agreements, interconnection, and permitting.
- Secure front line market intelligence and communicate to broader organization.
- Investigate new market segments and assess viability.
- Track and assess state incentive markets, including Renewable Energy Credit.
- Research and report on state and local regulatory issues relevant to solar projects.
- Minimum BS or BA degree. MBA or Master degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years sales experience with at least 2 years in energy or finance.
- Enterprise sales experience highly desirable.
- Articulate and effective communicator orally and with Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex information.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting and project finance.
- Proven negotiations skills.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com