The Project Estimator is responsible for providing timely project cost estimates to support the Business Development team. S/he will maintain liaison with strategic EPC Partners, Contractors, and Vendors to quantify, schedule, and install solar systems. Responsibilities include the tracking of all historical costs and estimates and will drive cost reduction and risk assessment and will report weekly to project teams.
This position will be based in Denver, CO.
- Compute cost estimates for all solar construction projects
- Coordinate required EPC Scope of Work to determine requirements for material and labor
- Collaborate with cross functional team to generate and solicit EPC / Vendor Proposal Packages
- Organize and schedule work; prepare bids; assist in Vendors or Subcontractor selection
- Provide Preliminary Critical Path Method Schedules
- Establish Strategic Equipment Relationships
- Generate Material and Forward Pricing Forecasts and assemble cost reports
- Review Technology Options for Optimal Pricing and provide improvement recommendations to estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Prepare Post Proposal Analysis – analyze completed projects, comparing the estimated costs to actual costs, and determining reasons for any discrepancies.
- Maintain Pricing Model for Business Development
- Equivalent experience required, Engineering degree is preferred
- 10+ years of commercial / renewable energy construction is required.
- Experience with PV systems and/or renewable energy is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical, supervisory, and project management skills based on construction industry experience.
- Strong familiarity with construction and electrical codes.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization, as well as outside stakeholders.
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be fully adept with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MS Project.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com